Melbourne has to be my favorite city ever, other than London!! It’s the ultimate city for everything.. and also the world’s most livable city??
I have put together a little list of my favorite places in Melbourne to hopefully inspire you to explore your own city or even take a trip to Melbourne.
- The National Gallery of Victoria – The ultimate place for the latest exhibitions and has the best gift shop… I thought 2016 was the best year for international exhibitions with shows featuring Andy Warhol & Ai Wei Wei, Catherine the Great & David Hockney.
- Metro Burger – A tiny Burger Restaurant down Flinder’s Lane, that also offers breakfast. They have cheap prices and plenty of options.
- Cervo – My all time favorite Italian Restaurant in Melbourne, located on the South-bank and links directly to Crown Plaza, super easy to access and isn’t too expensive! (Where I went for my 18th Birthday Dinner)
- The Irish Times Pub – A tiny two stored Pub just off Collins Street that also offers bar snacks and food.
- The Bank on Collins – Both a bar & restaurant, with great prices and weekly promotional offers (Happy Hour), a great option if you aren’t wanting to spend excessive amounts on drinks and want to stay in the CBD.
Melbourne is the Fashion Capital of Australia, with some of the best fashion events including Melbourne Fashion Week and VAMFF.
- Chadstone – The largest shopping center in the Southern Hemisphere, with a huge range of High-Street & High-End retail shops that will suit any shopper!
- Bourke Street – My ultimate favorite place to shop when in the City, it’s super easy to access and links directly to The Emporium and Melbourne Central. (Also easy access to Melbourne Central Train Station & Flinder’s Street Train Station)
- Chapel Street – Located in South Yarra, it’s the perfect place for everything! Alongside Fashion & shopping, Chapel Street is the ultimate place for Food, Drinks, Nightlife & Entertainment. (Get off at South Yarra Train Station, and it’s a quick two minute walk straight to Chapel Street)
- Treasury on Collins – Is my all time favorite hotel in Melbourne (And it’s the only hotel in Melbourne with Netflix in all hotel rooms). Nothing better than a free breakfast buffet and pancake machine? I stayed here recently with my family over Christmas and wasn’t disappointed. Also they provided our room with Molten Brown products, who doesn’t love luxury brands in hotels?
- Adina Apartment Hotel, St. Kilda – A great alternative if you are wanting to explore more of Melbourne and see what it has to offer. St. Kilda is a great place to stay, with plenty of bars & restaurants to experience and easy access to St. Kilda beach. The perfect city-beach location!
Make sure to leave any recommendations below!
Talk soon, Abi xx